Church and State

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Welcome to my blog

Well, I now have a place to share my thoughts with everyone. My hope is that this blog will encourage people to stay informed on the issues of the day. I want my readers to think about their priorities in life. I want to model a life where the priorities are: God, family, country. I will brag about my family, share stories about the great Americans I have the privilege of visiting with, and post opinions on what I feel is right and/or wrong with our government.

I firmly believe that our Founding Fathers were inspired and directed by God to establish this country for the glory of God. As a Christian, I believe I have a responsibility to be involved in government to help preserve the form of government first established. Unfortunately, our government has strayed far from the original plan. Human nature is sinful. As in my own life, there must be a deliberate effort to keep government from being corrupted by evil forces. Edmund Burke said it best when he said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." The good men and women of this country must be more involved.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. I will post often, but not necessarily every day. Take care and God Bless!!!
posted by Steve Harris, 6:51 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

God, family, and country. My allegiance stands in that order. Church and State will illustrate my opinions on issues of religion and politics, along with regular thoughts on family.

Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

Contact Me

Recently Published Letters

Blogs I Read

Archive

Blogger