Church and State

Monday, May 01, 2006

Letter to Neal Boortz

Neal Boortz is sponsoring a FairTax Rally on May 24th at 7:30 PM. It will be at the Gwinnett Convention Center in the northern suburbs of Atlanta. Come and meet Neal, Congressman Linder, Sean Hannity, Herman Cain and several thousand of our FairTax friends.

Boortz
Map to the Gwinnett Convention Center
Visitor information


If you can't make it to Atlanta, hand-write a letter to Neal. (Emails won't do.) Let him know you support FairTax. He plans an on-stage display of all the letters. After the rally, the letters will be sorted and delivered to politicians in Washington.

FairTax
The Neal Boortz Show
1601 W. Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30309

Here's my letter:

Dear Mr. Boortz:
I'm a Conservative Republican like those at the National Federation of Republican Assemblies (www.gopwing.com) and I'm not pleased with many of the actions of our elected Republicans. I want true border control, where we know who leaves and who enters the country, and we address the problems with illegal aliens already in the country. I want true fiscal conservatism. I don't want office holders at the federal level to spend a penny more on programs not called for in the U.S. Constitution. Fiscally, there has been one party, the Rebulocrats - spending tax dollars like drunken Kennedys.

And finally, I want true tax reform. The "experts" on the President's Panel on Tax Reform have revealed themselves as beltway loyalists with too many ties to K Street. I'm calling on my elected officials to be leaders in this area, not sheep. I believe the best solution to our tax code debacle is a National Sales Tax as proposed in the FairTax (H.R. 25/S. 25). I have already written to Senators Hutchison and Cornyn, and to the Republican Party of Texas. I will give my time and money this year only to leaders who co-sponsor the FairTax. I’m proud that Sen. Cornyn has answered the call and has become a co-sponsor.

I hope to be a part of the Republican Victory Team, because I hope more Republicans and Democrats alike take the values we hold as their own. Nationally, the Republican Party has slipped left along with the Democrats. The Democrats started farther left than we, so their shift is more easily seen. I want the Republican Party to move back to what is Right. Adopting the FairTax will do much to move the country correctly.

Sincerely,
Steve Harris
posted by Steve Harris, 6:45 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

God, family, and country. My allegiance stands in that order. Church and State will illustrate my opinions on issues of religion and politics, along with regular thoughts on family.

Name:
Location: Waco, Texas, United States

Contact Me

Recently Published Letters

Blogs I Read

Archive

Blogger